YEY!!! I found this new diet….
Everyone who has tried to lose weight or body fat has gone through a phase of finding the latest and greatest diet that promises to be earth shattering and ground breaking. To be honest, you do see some decent results in the beginning and then your body gets used to it and you are back to doubting yourself, cursing your genes, wondering if you have done something wrong or missed something out.
If it worked for the model in the picture it should have worked for me as well… right?
Hmmm… Not completely wrong but … read on….
I am not seeing any results…
Let’s be honest, most of them struggle to follow a plan because of Social pressure, Lack of time, Boredom or lack of significant results.
Well I have lost interest in diet plans more than I can count. So you are not alone.
So, I started to research on what the fitness models eat and how they manage to be 8 to 10% body fat level 365 days a year. Oh, even body-builders can’t claim that.
What did I find out? Turns out they eat more number of calories than I was.
Okay, wait a minute! This can’t be true.
How do they manage to do that and still manage to have an 8 to 10% body fat?
They Eat more but …
Fitness models eat more calories for sure, but they:
- distribute their calories among 5 to 8 meals a day
- eat balanced meal every time (protein, carbs and fat)
- never miss a meal
- exercise 45 to 60 minutes 5-6 days a week
- drink 3-5 litters of water each day
- sleep 6-8 hours a day
Okay, eating more is a diet?
Diet is anything you eat, even burger can be part of your diet (medium protein, medium carb, high fat). So stop looking at the word diet as a salad, it is not.
Oh yeah! Eating more is a diet.
WAIT !!! don’t dash into the nearest doughnut store to start filling up your calorie deficit….
Let’s look at this example: (to maintain current weight, and low activity lifestyle)
- A 30-year-old male who is 5’10” and weighs 180 pounds (82 kilos), needs 2635 calories
- A 25-year-old female who is 5’8” and weighs 150 pounds (68 kilos), needs 2073 calories
As soon as anyone starts dieting, they cut calories and start creating a serious deficit. Your body is too smart for your own good.
Eating less makes you fat……. Almost!
If your body consistently gets fewer calories it starts using muscle for energy after depleting the carbs. Fat is a bad source of energy and your body doesn’t want to use it.
Fat is like your Term Deposit, Muscle is like your Savings Account and Carbs are like Cash. Which one will you exhaust first when you need money?
To lose weight in the form of body fat, you should:
- Create a calorie deficit of not more than 10% of recommended calories
- Eat 5 to 8 times a day
- 3-4 large meals (Protein, Carb, fat) – based on your Macro-nutrient goal
- 2-3 snacks (Oats, Fruits, nuts, eggs, sprouts, salad, protein bar, etc.,) – always have some source of protein with each snack
- 1-2 Protein Supplement – any Whey Protein is fine but should be >60% protein per serving, else it is waste of money (look at the nutrition info before you buy)
- Strength Training 3-4 times a week (lifting weight aids fat loss… period)
- Cardio 3-4 times a week (30 to 50 minutes a day) – Cardio increases core temperature of the body for extended period
- 3 to 6 litres of water (approx. 1.5 to 2 gallons)
As easy as that!!!
- Don’t believe the latest and crazy diets
- Don’t believe in any supplements other than whey protein, multi vitamins and Omega-3 (may not be harmful but waste of your hard earned money)
- Don’t do steroids or sports enhancement medicine (its drugs…. period)
EAT responsibly, EXERCISE willingly, HYDRATE heartily and REST blissfully….!!!!
<<< PEACE OUT >>>
Like the blog?
Please like, share and Follow! 🙂